ACT! Meets: Let's talk about making art practices more accessible!Jul 04, 2022
Friday, 22 July: 17:00 - 18:00 // FREE to attend
For our Summer session, we spotlight curator and ACT! alumna Celina Loh, who founded “In Transit.” This online platform offers programmes for artists looking to understand how to make their work more accessible to disabled people. This session will include a practical exercise.
Come and meet Celina and learn about the personal experiences that inspired her to create “In Transit”, how art projects could be more inclusive, and what's next in her journey. We hope this ACT! Meets will spark a reflection or two about your own practice.
Format: a conversation with Celina Loh and Francesca Bellini-Joseph
This ACT! Meets is open to everyone and it's FREE to attend.
ABOUT THIS EVENT
• This event takes place online only
• You can access this event by registering for a place here, and a meeting link will be sent to you immediately after registering.
• This event is suitable for those over the age of 16
• We are unable to provide British Sign Language interpretation for this event.
• The talk will be live and will be accompanied by closed captioning.
• As the event is scheduled for a total of one hour, we will not take a rest break.
• As the event is being live streamed, you can access it from your home if you have access to an internet connection.
What are the 'ACT Meets' ?
ACT Meets are periodical get-together sessions for sharing ideas, knowledge and questions about the professional aspects of our artistic practices. The sessions are open to ACT Alumni and participants enrolled in our programmes. A few times a year, we invite guests and the general public. If you want to know more about our artist programme ‘Getting it across: communicating your art practice', please click here.